Professional Garage Door Installation in Calgary
For many homeowners, a garage is a luxury they can’t live without – and it’s easy to see why. Your garage keeps your car warm during those frigid Canadian winter nights and cool in the summertime, all while providing shelter from storms and protection from vandals. What makes things even more convenient is having an automatic garage door.
If you’re in need of garage door installation in Calgary, turn to the pros at Action Door Services Ltd. We’ve been in the garage door business for nearly 3 decades and our team has the skills and experience needed to get your project done right. We are proud to be your source for garage doors, openers, accessories, installations and repairs.
For more information about the services we offer, contact Action Door Services Ltd. today.
Garage Door Installations: The Basics
For the more DIY-inclined folks out there, they might choose to install a garage door themselves. However, here at Action Door Services Ltd., we advise our clients that these types of projects should be left to the pros. But if you’re thinking about doing it yourself, or you’re just interested in what the process entails, here’s a quick overview:
- Remove the old door: Using the manufacturer’s instructions, remove your old garage door. Most removals consist of carefully unlatching the door for the pulley system and then taking apart the panels of the door and unscrewing the tracks. Keep in mind, to prevent panels from falling on you, only remove one at a time.
- Measure and attach hinges/handles: Measure where the door will be installed, including opening height and width, headroom and back room. Once you have everything measured, temporarily attach stops to both sides of the opening and make sure they are flush with the inside edge. Then lay out the bottom piece of the new door and attach any hinges and lift handles to the piece.
- Set the bottom: Using a level, insert the bottom piece of the door into the frame. Then follow the manufacturer’s instruction to assemble the vertical, curved and horizontal pieces of the track. Next, install the remaining panels of the door.
- Install the rollers: Make sure that all the section have been secured and then begin to install the rollers in the section’s roller supports. Be careful not to have the rollers pressed too tightly against the tracks as it can cause friction that will damage the door.
- Secure the tracks: Now that all of the vertical tracks are secure against the jambs, install the curved and horizontal pieces. Once all the tracks our secure, you can assemble the springs according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Sound like too much of a hassle for a DIY project? Let the pros at Action Door Services Ltd. handle your garage door installation, giving you the peace of mind that it will be installed correctly.
Why Choose a Professional for your Garage Door Installation in Calgary?
Installing a garage door at your home is a great way to increase your property value and add comfort to your life. But that doesn’t mean you should handle the project on your own. When it comes to garage door installations in Calgary, trust the team from Action Door Services Ltd. An improperly installed garage door can have serious and expensive consequences, so it’s best to let the pros handle it! For inexperienced installers, it’s easy to cause damage to the tracking or pulley system or even bust the door during an installation. Not to mention, a falling garage door could put your safety at risk.
Call Action Door Services Ltd. today and experience what a brand new garage door will do for you.