Our Calgary Garage Door Repair
Just because it won’t open all the way doesn’t mean you need to get a new garage door. Often, repairs are all that you need for most door issues. Signs you may need garage door repair in Calgary include:
- Door doesn’t open or close smoothly
- Door jams or gets stuck in one position
- Door won’t hold in fully or partially-open position
- Door closes too fast or slams down
- Squealing, banging or grinding sounds during operation
- Garage door opener fails to respond
If you live in Calgary, get garage door repair from the experts at Action Door Services Ltd. With over 28 years of experience, we bring our skill and comprehensive knowledge to every task. We can handle all problems with your garage door, whether big or small issues.
Check Your Garage Door to See if It Needs Repairs
As with just about anything else, over time your garage door will become worn down and need repairs. If your garage door does not open and close smoothly or makes squealing noises while in operation, It’s time to consider your garage door repair from Action Door Services in Calgary.
Some signs of trouble can actually be rather minor issues that you can investigate and fix on your own. If you hear strange noises or can’t open your garage door all the way, follow these steps to determine if it’s a problem you can solve on your own:
- Check tracks for debris, dents or obstructions
- Examine cables and wires for fraying or loss of tension
- Inspect the door to ensure it is hanging evenly
- Assess the state of all hardware including hinges, brackets, etc.
- Evaluate the operation of the door opener
- Ensure the torsion or extension springs are intact
You can clear away obstructions, tighten loose screws, lubricate moving parts and test batteries, but some jobs need to be done by the professionals. If you see any frayed wires or broken springs, don’t touch them.
Get Garage Door Repairs from the Professionals
Many garage door issues can be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing and will need to be investigated by a specialist to maintain your safety. Repairs that require the expertise of a service technician include:
- Broken or stretched springs
- Loose, frayed, or broken cables and wires
- Cracked, bent, or broken rollers
- Issues with door weight balance
- Unresolved door opener problems
If you think there is something seriously wrong with your garage door, or you feel uncomfortable attempting a repair on your own, contact Action Door. Our technicians in Calgary offer garage door repair for residential, commercial and industrial clients.